Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Unique Glass Decor for the Holidays

I love to fill glass containers with festive items especially around the holiday season.  This is such an easy way to add a little Christmas sparkle to any part of the room!



Candy canes are great fillers!  They add a festive look and a little color.  Another personal favorite of mine is to use big jingle bells!  I got these brown ones at Hobby Lobby.  I like to place reindeer moss at the bottom of the glass container then fill it with bells, just so there are two different colors in the container.  You can always place these containers on a silver tray and then accent with fresh greenery.


Another way to add a little holiday cheer (emphasis on the "little") is to take small antique glass pieces and fill them with reindeer moss.  I added baby pinecones, small ornaments, and spray painted walnuts.  I bought a bag of walnuts at the grocery store and spray painted them silver.  You can separate these or mix them altogether.  These are cute in a bathroom, end table, etc.  Accent with fresh greenery.



This is where I added my small ornaments and walnuts.  This is on a small table near my back door entryway.  Notice I added fresh greenery as well!



Here is a small centerpiece on a table in my living room.  I have a glass container of large gold ornaments.  I have a chocolate Santa that I bought from eBay.  I also have a piece of framed artwork that one of my children drew years ago around Christmas time.  This is a great way to keep your kid's art and bring it out to enjoy during the holiday!



Here is a better look at the gold ornaments in the glass dome on the coffee table!



I took my nativity scene out of the traditional barn setting and put it on a cake stand!  I put reindeer moss down and then put a glass dome over the whole scene.  I put a tassel on top of the dome.  The stand was placed on a silver tray on top of some stacked books.  I added fresh greenery and a few gold and silver bells around the tray.

I hope you enjoy these decorating tips!  Please comment and tell me how creative you got with your decorating this holiday season :)


No comments:

Post a Comment