Monday, December 10, 2012

DIY Chalkboard

Want a cute chalkboard to display in your kitchen or hallway?  Here's an easy (and cheap) way to make one from items you probably have in your home already!




This was a silver tray that I painted with chalkboard paint (available at a local craft store).  Paint 2-3 coats.  Let dry and ready to use!  I displayed this try on a plate holder on the wall with a Southern Living tray behind it.  This is a fun way to add a little seasonal cheer!




This frame was purchased from Hobby Lobby.  Here's the thing about Hobby Lobby- Never purchase anything full price from there!  Everything goes on sale every other week, or if it is an item you must have, use the 40% off coupon, which can be scanned right from your smartphone, found at this link.  So, I bought the frame, then went to Lowe's and purchased a piece of plywood (if you ask, they will cut it to size for you, for free).  I painted 2-3 coats of the chalkboard paint on the plywood, attached it to the frame, then hung it on my kitchen wall.  This is where I write "happy birthday," "happy anniversary," and other fun, seasonal greetings!

No comments:

Post a Comment