Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...
Jack Frost nipping at your nose...

I wanted to share with you how I decorated my mantel above my fireplace!


Even though my fireplace is symmetrical, I like to decorate in odd numbers (poinsettias, ornaments).



These stockings are just for looks; the ones we actually use are already stuffed with gifts and tucked away.  These stockings are stuffed with plastic grocery bags to appear full.  I twisted the brown bows around the garland with twist ties to secure them.  I also placed gold and brown ornaments in the garland for some sparkle.  I layered two types of garland together to give dimension and texture.  One is a natural garland with pinecones and pine needles on top of the regular garland that has white lights included.

No comments:

Post a Comment