Friday, December 21, 2012

Sassy Outdoor Decor

This post explains how I decorated the front of my house!  It is beautiful to look at when lit up at night.  I hope these tips help you and inspire you for future decorating!




To decorate the outside, use lighted garland and be sure to have a spotlight on the front door.  I made a bow for the center of the garland and wrapped some ribbon around the rest of the garland.  I also have candles inside every window that come on along with the lights on a timer around dark every night.


This wreath is made of two different types of ribbon, feathers, pine cones and glittered picks.  You can use almost any natural elements to give any wreath a welcoming feel for your guests. 


These planters on my steps hold flowers in the summer, but for the holidays I made them more festive.  To achieve this look, I layered with a small grapevine wreath, Christmas picks with pinecones (from Hobby Lobby), big pinecones and gold ornaments.


Good luck decorating and Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Once again - beautiful! You are so talented. How id you attach the garland? Definitely going to do this next year...I may be calling you for a barter! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Melissa! I used suction cups which I stuck to my glass window, and the garland just hung nicely there!

    ReplyDelete